Sunday, February 27, 2011

Scrap Night Recipes

Oh my!! Baseball season is in full swing here at our house, what a blessing!! We love it, but it keeps us busy and gone. Hopefully I will make myself stop and catch my Blog up, LOL. First off SCRAP NIGHT!! OMG, what fun!! Literally, I'm not trying to be funny here. I love my ladies!! We get together once a month, create master pieces, eat great food, gossip and giggle. This past Friday night was my night to host. LaJeania created a wonderful Boy Layout for us, it was great and I can't wait to put pictures of Trace on it. Anyway, I promised I would share all my recipes so here goes:

Pizza Dip
This was actually the 1st time I ever made this or tasted it. Thanks goes to Sharon Woods for sharing ;) I think my proportions are a little different (she prepares it for a PDO class, and I prepared it for a party of adults. So this is how I did it:

2 bricks Cream Cheese (softened)
1 Jar Pizza Sauce (I used Ragu)
4 Cups Mozzarella Cheese grated
Parmesan Cheese (to taste)
Pizza Toppings (I used mini peperoni, black olives, and mushrooms)

In a 9x13 pan, spray cooking spray and spread out the cream cheese. Then layer the pizza sauce. Sprinkle on the cheeses and other topping of you choice. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes. Serve hot with chips, crackers of your choice.


Pizza Rolls
1 pkg Frozen Rolls (I use Rhodes-orange bag)
1 pkg peperoni
1 pkg sliced Mozzarella cheese

Follow defrosting/rising directions on the roll's package. Using hands (or anything you want) spread out the dough, spread 3 peperoni and 1/4 piece of cheese. Fold dough around the stuffing and follow the cooking directions on the roll package. My kids LOVE these and they make a great pre-game meal.

Potato Soup
Ok, I'm going to be honest every time I make this, I add or do something different. Apparently Friday Night's versions was good, I got tons of compliments on it ;). So here is what I did Friday Night.

2 pkg small red potatoes
1 small pkg Owens Sausage
1 onion
3 cans cream of mushroom with roasted garlic
1 block Velveeta cheese
salt & pepper to taste

Rinse and chop potatoes into bite size pieces. Boil until tender, not too tender though, you don't want them to be mashy. Drain some of the water, I leave about 1 inch above the potatoes. In a small skillet brown sausage and onions, then add to potatoes. Add soup, Velveeta, and salt and pepper. When all the cheese is melted the soup is ready. Save your leftovers, I think it tasted better the 2nd day ;) Enjoy

1 comment: